How to Stay Motivated at Work – Ground of Success
Motivation is derived from the word “motive” which means the experience of desire, needs of an individual. Motivation stimulates people to take action to achieve their goals. Now let’s understand “How to Stay Motivated in Life”
“People often say motivation does not last long. Well, neither does bathing-that is why we recommend it daily”– Zig Ziglar
When you are motivated, you have a desire to change your life. Motivation pushes you towards your goal because of your desire to change.
Here are a few ways to stay motivated- Motivation helps you everywhere whether you are searching for: How to Stay motivated at work or how to stay motivated after work, this article gonna help you in every way.
1) Money won’t give you Motivation.
Do you know how many people live 88 years of their life motivated by money? They can never get out of it because they never achieved it. Many people think money will be enough to be the only thing to motivate you. It might be the case initially, but it is hard to sustain financial motivation if your work only drags you.
If I am working at a company for say 8 hours and my boss offers to double my income if I work for 15-16 hours a day. That much amount of money is a pretty good deal and I might as well accept it. But this double amount will not be enough on those sleepless hours when all I can do is work. What about the time I feel so hungry and tired but I cannot stop? You won’t be able to do the work if your health is not fine.
What is the use of the money if, the employees don’t like the environment of the work. Everyone wants to work in a place where they are valued and appreciated for their work.
2) Are they your Goals?
We unconsciously take on other people’s goals or wishes for us. It is more common than we think it is. Whether it is having a business of your own, which your father wants you to do, or attend an event that your mother might think is the best for you.
Sometimes we do set our own goals based on what we think “we should do” not based on what “we want to do”. You need to separate your goals from other’s goals. It may be quite difficult but let me make it easier. Ask these five questions from yourself when you want to differentiate-
Also Read: All You Need to Know About Goal Setting
Questions that Follows:
- How do you keep yourself motivated?
- Start Simple. Keep motivators around your work area – things that give you that initial spark to get going
- How do I stay motivated every day?
- If you want to get serious about improving and sustaining motivation, then you need to start by improving your physical health.
- How do I stay motivated at 24 7?
- Be passionate about what you do. It is hard to stay motivated if you think the subject area is boring values to you & Look for inspirations/sources of motivations. ..
- What are the 4 factors of motivation?
- Honesty | Integrity | Leadership | Responsibility
- How do I know what motivates me?
- To find what motivates you, you have to do some self-examination and get honest about how you’ve gotten to where you are and how you will get to where you want to go next.
By asking these questions I hope you will get your answers and do something you want to do and not something that others wish from you to do.
3) Visualize your result.
You have a goal in mind. Good. Now I want you to close your eyes and imagine a place where you have achieved the goal you wanted to. How does it feel? Do you feel the excitement? Are you satisfied or you want more? Do you finally feel relieved after all that hard work you have done?
Doing this will help you correct errors on your path and modify the dream as much as you like. This will also act as fuel on days on which you do not feel like working or you feel demotivated. Just keep reminding yourself of the outcome you are going to achieve at the end.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Achieve Success in Life
- Active & Passive Income Facts
- Scope of Digital Marketing in India
4) Break your goal down into smaller pieces.
One of the biggest issues regarding setting your goal is to keep them to a high level. For a builder, it is quite impossible to make a building in a day. The foundation needs to be set then bricks are to be put then the cement and so on. So in these small processes, the builder has divided his work i.e. to construct a building. This is why you need to break your final mission into smaller ones and award yourself when you complete those small missions. Doing so will help you to be motivated to do upcoming missions and reach your target.
5) Tap into other people’s energy & Stay Motivated at Work
Do you know have the people in your life who can engage in a stimulating conversation about something that you are passionate about? Is there something that you like in common?
If you want to avoid all the negativity in life, you need to distance yourself from people who give out the negative vibe and stay with the ones who give a positive vibe or like mind people.
As human beings, we all give and receive emotions from others. Make sure you receive the positive ones more than you give them. Of course, you cannot be psychic and predict who will have positive energy or who has the negative one. It is all a matter of time and observation.
6) Be sure to be organized & Stay Motivated to work at Home
Every person you see around who you think is organized was not always like this. Well not all of them are. Most of them develop a habit to stay organized. If you think you know nothing about organizing things or your life, you can always learn it because it is never too late. Follow these simple steps daily to make organizing a habit.
- Write things down.
- Make a schedule.
- Avoid procrastination.
- Give 100%.
- Discard unwanted items and only keep what you need.
- Try and be punctual.
- Never avoid responsibilities.
- Work hard to get the result you desire.
7) Keep the bigger picture in mind & Stay Motivated in Life
How do I make sure I’m thinking about the big picture when I’m always working on a lot of small things that seem to take up all my time? How do you empower yourself to look at the bigger picture and not focus on the side things? Just follow these strategies-
- Give yourself time to think.
- Ask a friend to help you out.
- You need to pick specific goals only.
- Follow the steps which require your immediate action first.
- Start generating ideas.
8) Stop worrying about the things which are out of your control to Stay Motivated at Work
You cannot control everything neither everything goes according to your wish. So learn to let go of the things that are beyond your control. It gets impossible for some to do that and so they become freaks. Of course, you don’t want to be one too. Do you?
Amy Morin, an author suggests the following ways that will help you –
- Determine what you can control and start focusing on those things only.
- Focus on your influence. You can have the most influence by changing your behavior.
- Identify your fears. Imagine the worst-case scenario. Acknowledge it so that if something like that does happen, you are already prepared for it.
- Differentiate between ruminating and problem-solving. Imagining catastrophic outcomes again and again won’t help you but solving the problem will. So. Solve it.
- Create a plan beforehand to manage your stress.
- Develop healthy affirmations. Develop techniques such as meditation or mantras to help fight your self-doubt and endless rumination.
9) Always be positive & Stay Motivated in Life
Negativity can make you imagine the worst things of any event or incident.
Just like a coin has two sides, so does everything that happens to you. It is up to you if you want to be positive and embrace what all you have or what all you will achieve or be negative and end up losing everything. If you live a positive life, everything will be positive and you will be successful because negative thoughts come to unsuccessful people only. Even hanging out with negative people brings influence in your life.
So be sure to stay positive and have positive vibes so even others can take you as a role model or a good example.
10) Keep reminding yourself as to why you set the goal in the first place.
Just sit back. Relax. Close your eyes and now think.
Why did you choose this goal?
Was it to help someone? Was it for money? Is it going to help you progress? Is this your success?
I am sure asking such questions will help you clarify the doubts in the worst moments.
11) Always be consistent in your work & This will help you to stay motivated at work.
We all get lazy. Even if you are in no mood to do anything, just do one proactive thing for your goal even if it is a small one. You need to be consistent with your goals. If you keep skipping your work due to any reason, you may develop a habit of procrastination which only delays your progress to achieve your goal or to stay motivated.
In the end, I just want to say that though these ways will help you stay motivated. But the biggest motivation is you. If you want, you can make it happen. If you don’t want it to happen, everything depends on you.
The goal of your life started from you and eventually has to end at you.